Thursday, November 1, 2012

last bits of october.

Before I go full on temporally-inappropriate-department-store-décor with the Christmas stuff, here are some shots of Halloween in our apartment.

Halloween decor, Target kitchen & mini pumpkin by Scalamandre zebras
Left: this Target dish towel paired well w/ the Ballard leopard rug | Right: white mini pumpkin joins the zebras on the mantle

Halloween decor, Orange Beautiful calendar, October typography
Mini pumpkin (all from Didier Farms) & my favorite calendar from a few years ago (by Chicago's lovely Orange Beautiful)

Halloween Decor, Target skull & Voluspa candles, mini pumpkins by Osa Johnson books
Left: Target skull candle on the mantle | Right: a pumpkin trio by the Osa Johnson books. Little guy from Target.








Halloween decor, Amazon.com treats, Salem Witch Trials & Georgie by Robert Bright
I am a Halloween nerd, so when 10/1 rolled around I finally clicked "buy" on my Amazon cart. Georgie is my fave.

Cider was sipped, Hocus Pocus was watched. Now it's CHRISTMAS TIME, BABY. (The other occupant of this apartment may or may not agree with that sentiment...)

In non-Halloween news, we treated ourselves to the Nate Berkus for Target sculpted branch lamp. It immediately reminded me of old Hollywood Regency brass wheat lamps:

Hollywood Regency brass wheat lamp
Gold Wheat Lamp, $365, available from this purdddy Texas shop.
 
I have a lamp problem, but I'm getting better. We actually needed the light from this guy so it was a functional purchase. It love it, but I think the design of the base would have benefited from a fourth "branch" in the back. With the tripod base it looks great from the front, but flat in the back if viewed from the side. Here it is in action: 

Nate Berkus for Target Gold Sculpted Branch Lamp
Nate Sculpted Branch Lamp from Target. Temporary set up on bedroom dresser.

With the combination of our Red Debit Cards (5% off every purchase; cannot recommend this enough) and a 5% prescription rewards coupon, the base + shade came in at under $70.  The subtitle for this post (and likely the majority of posts going forward) can be "I love Target." No, I do not work for them. Just who, exactly, I should work for is the big question of the moment...

Hello, November.

Orange Beautiful typography calendar November
Design by Orange Beautiful