Wednesday, February 6, 2013

One Room Challenge - Week 1 - Inspiration Board


Welcome to the One Room Challenge. If this is your first day tuning in, you might like to check out my preview posts from Monday and Tuesday. Twenty interior designers, interior design bloggers, and DIY bloggers have been invited to participate by our fearless leader Linda of My Crafty Home Life. We each have six weeks from today to transform a room of our choosing. All participants post their progress each Wednesday.

I will be redoing my powder room shown in the photo below. OK, so it's not really my powder room, but I got your attention, right?


Shown below are the real pictures of the room. It is actually a second powder room off the garage and laundry room. I have kept the door closed since we moved in and pretended it doesn't exist. I have included lots of photos to give you a good idea of how really bad it is. Two walls are panelling and two are drywall. There are plumbing access panels in one wall to an adjoining bathroom and in the ceiling to the kitchen plumbing. The toilet fits in a hole cut out of the wall because the toilet rough-in is only 8 inches. The toilet was removed to snake the sewer line and never reinstalled. The sink and window are both awful as is the unpainted particle board door. The bathroom looks like it belongs in a prison cell.

At the top is my inspiration board, inspired by a Ralph Lauren Chinoiserie toile that I love. My goals for this week are to get the plumber in to put in a new sink, faucet, and toilet and to get my painter in to paint it. Then I will have a clean slate to start playing with and the fun can begin.

At the bottom of this post you will find a list of all the participants and their links.















These are all the participants in the One Room Challenge. Click on them to see what the others are planning -