Saturday, November 3, 2012

Obama and Benghazi


"It's better to die a hero than live a coward." - Charles Woods, father of slain Benghazi SEAL, Tyrone Woods, speaking to Obama

I'm going there.

From Forbes:
Just one hour after the seven-hour-long terrorist attacks {on the anniversary of 9-11} upon the U.S. consulate in Benghazi began, our commander-in-chief, vice president, secretary of defense and their national security team gathered together in the Oval Office listening to phone calls from American defenders desperately under siege and watching real-time video of developments from a drone circling over the site. Yet they sent no military aid that might have intervened in time to save lives. Why, in the heat of battle with real-time communications regarding what was going on, didn't our leaders send responsive help that was so urgently needed?

Now let's back up... 

There are a few topics I have not discussed or debated here on my blog: religion, politics and vaccinations. Why? They're always hot topics in the press, in our daily lives, and most of the time it is nice to have an escape from the issues of the day. I also know that I have a public brand and frankly it's not a good business decision to broach subjects such as these, certainly not often at least. As you know though, I do write on subjects I feel passionate about {generally having to do with health and wellness, and yes, immunizations will come up one of these days}, but those posts are few and far between for the most part. I would hope that women do not base their decision to buy my clothing based on the fact that I tell them whole wheat bread is a poor choice ;) but one can never know! Right now, given the state of our country, that is a risk I am more than willing to take.

I have held my tongue on politics for a long time now. I am not going to discuss our horrendous level of national debt and unemployment numbers {the highest of any incumbent since FDR}, that food stamp growth is 75x greater than job creation, or even how Obamacare would truly cripple - break - our healthcare system. The facts speak for themselves on all of that. I am going to briefly touch on an issue that I cannot stay silent on any longer given recent events and new developments out every day - an event that hits very close to home for me given the former Navy SEAL involvement: the above-mentioned incident in Benghazi.

If you do not know much about this topic {and ESPECIALLY if you have not voted or have yet to decide who to vote for} PLEASE make it to the end of this post.

Four years ago when several of my friends told me they were going to "Barack the Vote," I cringed inside but usually kept my mouth shut. When I see Eva Longoria appointed as Obama's campaign co-chair, I can only roll my eyes. When I watch a video of Michelle Obama saying, "All this for a damn flag" as she sings our national anthem, I pray that whomever translated her lip movements on that video was somehow incorrect. {The videos of this have all been blocked on YouTube now} But this Benghazi incident? It has....floored me. Broken my heart. Saddened me so deeply tears have been brought to my eyes. Shaken me to the core because out of all the disgrace Obama has brought to our country during his tenure as our president, this incident has shown his true character. I have truly {sadly?} only just realized what he is made of. I do not want this man to lead my country for one more hour.

Read once more what transpired:

On the anniversary of 9-11, our foreign diplomats were on heightened alert with warnings in Libya that attacks were coming, and Obama had previously denied Hillary Clinton's {Secretary of State} request for additional Benghazi security. An al-Quaeda linked terrorist cell attacked the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi. Two former Navy SEALs, Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty, who were stationed at a nearby CIA office, rushed to the Consulate in attempt to try and save the Americans. The State Department and White House were notified immediately. Over the course of the next 7 hours, Woods and Doherty saved 30 people, fought off the terrorists, continued to plead for help from the US government, and not only was the White House watching LIVE, the White House denied them the help they requested. Woods and Doherty were killed in the heat of battle. They died for a country now trying to cover this up. 

From The Weekly Standard:
The CIA spokesman at the direction of CIA director General David Petraeus issued this statement on October 26: "No one at any level in the CIA told anybody not to help those in need. Claims to the contrary are simply inaccurate." Who in the government did tell "anybody" not to help those in need? Someone decided not to send in military assets to help those Agency operators. Would the secretary of defense make such a decision on his own? NO. It would have been a presidential decision. There was presumably a rationale for such a decision. What was it? When and why - and based on whose counsel obtained in what meetings or conversations - did President Obama decide against sending in military assets to help Americans in need?

Former National Security Adviser Bud McFarlane said this of Obama's non-response to the Benghazi 9-11 terrorist attack: 
"To have known what he had available, to have known that Americans were under fire, and to have done nothing, is dereliction of duty that I have never seen in a Commander in Chief from a president of any party. Outrageous."

For this to not be more covered in our media is ludicrous and sickening. Why are they ignoring this? Didn't Obama pledge to be the most transparent president in history? For Facebook to start censoring negative talk about Obama is absurd. We are headed in a dangerous direction, and those who do not understand this have neither read the facts nor taken responsibility for truly educating themselves. Obama is scrambling to cover a lie, and I am not going to be a part of that.

For much more in depth information on the Benghazi terrorist attack, take a look at these links:

Please, do your part to VOTE in this election this coming TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 6. {type in Voting Stations into Google and you can enter your information to find the closest spot} Research and read and inform yourself about HISTORY and what has worked and what has not. Look at failures in Europe for hundreds of years and how to best avoid that path. Politics have become a topic that people shy away from, and to me, nothing is more unfortunate. I posted a photo on Instagram last week of the sticker I got when I voted, and although the pic received more likes than any photo I have posted to date, one young, cute pregnant girl wrote, "This made me unfollow you." I thought....wow. How sad. How ignorant. Politics should be debated and embraced, not run away from or seen as a scary topic we will be judged upon and therefore choose silence. Let your voice be heard.