Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Tea Time


Can we talk? I need a little girl time. Every day around 3pm, I dream of being in a cozy little coffee shop drinking a warm cup of tea, surrounded by my best girlfriends talking talking talking away....about family, friends, what the kids are doing that is great, what the kids are doing that is the opposite of great, what shoes we want and the newest Prada bag, and my ongoing quest for the perfect Paleo donut. 

In my imaginary tea time dream land, today we are talking about everything on our plates. I mean obviously our plates at the coffee shop are loaded up with scrummy things to eat, but I'm specifically speaking about our plates as moms. I mean...this is HARD, right? Couple that with work and I swear, some days I will happily volunteer for the looney bin. As long as their medicine involves 2 doses of chocolate every 4-6 hours, I'd play along. 

So here is my Tea Time question today: What do you tell other women and mothers that need encouragement? Some uplifted spirits? A little glimmer of, yes, we understand...yes, it gets better....yes, you can do it! A virtual hug, if you will. 

I am reminded of one of our favorite books around here and a forever classic, The Little Engine That Could. How amazing is it? Every time we read it, the "I think I can" build up is exactly the same, and it never gets old. We start verrrrrry quiet...I think I can, I think I can....and get a little louder....I think I can! I think I can!....and then a full on we are winning the I think I can SuperBowl at an all out I THINK I CAN, I THINK I CAN! waking the neighbors up noise level. 

I always close the book and say to Squish, "He thought he could, so he did." 

That would be my tea time advice. Think you can...and you will. No matter what you are facing, what battles you are fighting, big or small, with children, marriage, friendships, work or general life. Think you can do it...and you will. Also remember: If He brings you to it, He will bring you through it. That is certainly just what I need to hear today. What's your favorite inspiring, encouraging or uplifting advice you give to other women, mothers, friends...? 

It might be nice to regularly get together for some tea time, don't you think? As Eleanor Roosevelt said, "Women are like teabags. You never know how strong they are until they're put in hot water." Suggestions for future tea time chats are welcomed! Have a great week everyone :)