Saturday, March 2, 2013

Chinese Red for My Office Makeover

Benjamin Moore Chili Pepper 2004-20

A client's powder room we painted in Chili Pepper

I have decided to paint the walls in my office Chinese red. Red is a hard color to get right. I want a really really deep coral that is not too blue and not too orange - a nice balance of pink and orange and red. These are the two reds that I go to time and time again. The painter is coming Tuesday, so I will decide over the weekend.


Chili Pepper -
"This is a really deep coral, kind of like a cheerful Chinese red. Pinks and reds to me are synonymous with frozen drinks and relaxing." - Richard Mishaan from House Beautiful



Blazer -
"It's exciting and it has a historical reference: the Greek vases, the palace at Knossos, and all that business. I love red, always have, always will. Either you like steak or you like hamburgers." - David Easton from House Beautiful

Farrow & Ball Blazer 212

Meg Braff 's woodwork in Blazer