Friday, March 8, 2013

Chinoiserie Chic DIY, Sneak Peek & House Tour


This has been a great week. We got no snow at my house whatsoever after the idiot weather people had forecast Armageddon. No snow to speak of in over two years here - fabulous!

I completed this fun and crazy little stool after seeing it as a DIY on several blogs. The others I saw used white mongolian lamb pillow covers and I have an aversion to the color white, so I found a pretty beige one at Marshall's that I used on this $6 Ikea Marius stool. My daughter did one too for her apartment in a different color that she will reveal soon. I love the color with all my black and gold.

Below you will see how the color BM Poppy looks in my office makeover. What a great red. Much more to come on my office makeover, but I wanted you to see the color. Below that is a little painting I picked up from Kerry Steele yesterday for my office, since every room needs a piece of abstract modern art.

Next week is my birthday week and, after several reader requests, I decided it would be a good week to do a little house tour of my Casa Chinoiserie Chic. I'll start on Monday. On tap so far - the living room, dining room, kitchen, master bedroom, my dressing room, an update on my office makeover, and a One Room Challenge powder room update.