Saturday, March 16, 2013

Juju Anew


I'm sure you have all noticed how hot Juju hats (African headdresses from Cameroon) have been over the past several years in interior design. I fell in love with them after seeing these two rooms by Alessandra Branca below and how beautifully they work with Chinoiserie and traditional decor. I still hadn't pulled the plug, thinking that perhaps they are too trendy for me. My hesitation stopped when I saw this mini Juju on a stand on the entry table in Michelle Adams' apartment featured in the new issue of Lonny. So I am now on the hunt for this in these colors of black and pink to go on my black and gold Chinoiserie chest in the living room. I would love any sourcing help on one of these tiny versions.

Alessandra Branca

Alessandra Branca

My Chinoiserie chest