Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Mix It Up

Images via Small Shop Studio {awesome blog if you have not heard of it!}
Interior design by Sara Arroyo Conde of Arroyo Arquitectos

I truly believe that when it comes to interior design, there is a way to make everything go with everything. Of course it is easy to miss the mark on this, but when it is done right, it is really something else. 

I came across these photos of a home in Spain on the blog Small Shop Studio that, although a bit on the modern side for me, really hits it out of the park with the mix of elements; from French antique settees to mid-century modern accessories, the flow of the space just works. The only room that is not of particular appeal to me is the kitchen - I like a snuggly, cozy space for breakfast to be enjoyed - but the exposed brick next to such stark white surfaces is certainly eye-catching, even if it is not my taste. 









What is your favorite part? Do you love it all? Or do you think it is a bit on the ridiculous side to try to mix and match to such an extent when it comes to interior decorating? 
{j'adore that mustard yellow skull in the office...}