Friday, January 18, 2013

My Mom Essentials


These are my absolutely, must have, cannot get through the day without "Mom Essentials."

{1} Canon EOS 50D Camera :: A gift from Biz the Christmas before Squish was born, I have literally used this EVERY day since he came into this world. It is lightweight, easy to use and takes the most amazing photographs. My lens of choice is a 50mm. 
{2} House of Harlow 1960 Chelsea Sunglasses :: Perfect for those mornings (weeks) when I haven't yet managed to put on #4 or #5 below
{3} Otterbox iPhone Cover :: There are so many great educational Apps out there that I have no problem with my kiddos using my phone...except for when it slips out of their little sticky fingers and smashes into the floor. I looked at a LifeCase and Otterbox, and although the LifeCase is waterproof whereas the Otterbox is not, the LC is only available in black and grey. Um, no. 
{4} Aveda Inner Light Concealer :: I love Aveda hair products, but had never used their makeup until the Spring 2012 look book shoot summer before last. Their concealer is amazing, and in my opinion, beats out YSL Touche Eclat any day. 
{5} L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara :: Best mascara out there. I have used it since 8th grade. Carbon black. Do not get Waterproof - it flakes off. 
{6} Purse / Diaper Bag / Toy Box / Office :: I carry everything around in my purse. I am still waiting for some extra arms to grow, but while I still just have two, my bag has to have room for everything in it - keys, wallet, phone, paper, pens, check book, diapers, wipes, pacifiers, teething rings, books, trains, dolls, necklaces, nail polish (for when she just HAS to have her nails PAINTED PINK RIGHT NOW), day planner, measuring tape and who knows what else. I always have one that comes with a shoulder strap so I can carry it messenger bag style, with each arm free for Snooze and Munch. 
{7} Holy Kombucha :: We have been drinking Kombucha for years, but we recently discovered Holy Kombucha made right here in the DFW area. It. Is. Amazing. Green apple ginger is my favorite flavor, but truly they are all fantastic. My aunt and uncle gave us our own Kombucha "starter kit" for Christmas, and I look forward to making our own here very soon! We drink at least 4 or 5 bottles a day here between all of us. 
{8} Erin Condren Life Planner :: This is actually the entire reason I wanted to do this post. I tried using my iPhone calendar for a while and although it is a wonderful tool, I am just a write it down kinda gal. I like the satisfaction of scratching through something on my to do list, seeing how much I got done that week, looking back on months passed to see what was happening when. I stumbled upon Erin Condren last year and was instantly smitten. This girl has thought of EVERYTHING, and it is so much more than a day planner, hence the name. I also use the blank pages in the back as my prayer journal, so that I always have it with me. Seriously, just check it out for yourself. Completely customizable to suit whatever you need, and cute to boot. Go look. Now. 
{9} Mom's One Line A Day 5-Year Memory Journal :: Perhaps my most treasured material possession. I bought this for myself in late 2011, and made my first little entry in January 2012. I am now my second year into it, and reading what I was doing with the kids 365 days ago is really special. I would have forgotten so many things had I not jotted them down. Example:

January 18, 2012 - Squish was hitting me while I was reading Llama Llama before bed, so I left to let him calm down. When I came back he put his arm on my back and started patting it, and sang the Barney song, "I love you, you love me, we're a happy family..." He knows the way to my heart!

Such a blessing to have 5 years of fun, memories and love in one book.

What are your absolutely must have cannot get through the day without Mom Essentials? Please share! 

Everyone have a GREAT weekend!!!