Tuesday, January 1, 2013

new.


If I wasn't marrying Kevin, I'd want to marry Anna Bond. New Year's stationery by Anna at Rifle Paper Co.

Well, it's here!

Last night was the first time in at least 7 years or so that I stayed in for New Year's Eve and it was delightful. I had hoarded all of the Dexter season seven episodes so that we could watch them all at once, so we spent last night eating soup, watching a few episodes, and toasting with pomegranate juice mixed with sparkling water. (We are a household still in recovery.)

Since there was no shiny, sparkly reverie last night, I went through some of my old NYE pictures from the last five years. Here are some of my favorites.








I'm not doing resolutions, but I think I am going to start looking at smaller goals month-by-month. With the combination of being on leave from work and the holidays, I am thoroughly without routine.

So January is going to be my month of four things: nailing down a calming bedtime routine, taking a break from reading the daily news, making the bed in the morning, and starting each day with an intention. 

Wishing you health, comfort, and the kind of joy you can lean into for 2013.