Friday, January 11, 2013

Angel Update


It has been nearly forever and a day since I have given you all an update on our angels, Carlotta and her son, and the mother and daughter without a sofa.

Carlotta has been taken care of in more ways than you can imagine. She is clothed {someone even bought her a nice new robe and slippers - great for a new mama!}, her son is clothed until he is about 45, her sisters are clothed, the baby has diapers covered for over a year, food taken care of via Target gift cards, AND other mothers at the school that were very much in need were able to use the overflow of donations for themselves and their babies. 

Not only did the sweet mother and her daughter get a sofa, but with the money sent and from my Shoppers that were sold that week, we got her...are you ready for this?...a gorgeous dining table, dining chairs, a new microwave, new silverware, new food storage containers, a new coat for her and her daughter, a lovely prairie schoolhouse chair for their kitchen, new bedding for both of them, a new vacuum cleaner, $200 for groceries at Wal-Mart AND there are still Target gift cards left over. 

This reminds me of our current favorite book here, The Little Engine That Could. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can...and so she did. We all did. YOU did. 

Praise :)

Great links for the weekend:
- 3 Habits Every Marriage Needs {because it's worth falling in love again}