Monday, December 31, 2012

scattered.

I've been feeling off lately, for a couple of reasons that ganged up together and worked as a team (against me). First off-- the holidays. Between both of our families and friends, we had three full days of nonstop action. It was wonderful, but for an introvert like me, all that social interaction can be incredibly draining and by the 26th I felt pretty much depleted.

How did you handle that, you ask? Oh, you know, just with all of the skill, finesse, and grace with which I usually approach my problems.

That is, I spent the next several days inside the house curled up in blankets staying up too late and sleeping in too late and watching too much Netflix.

Well, that's only partially true. On Thursday I had a delicious several hours of tea and hot chocolate with my best friend who was in town for the holidays. On Friday we were supposed to have a party, but Kevin, who was already a little sick, woke up super sick that morning.

That's the second thing that threw me off-- Kevin is usually my motivator when I start to hibernate, and since he was so ill, he was hibernating himself. This threw off my routine even more. And so (naturally) I ordered takeout several times.

That potent witch's brew leaves me today feeling unhealthy and weighed down (the food), undisciplined, lacking reason or rhyme (lack of routine/ schedule), and generally blah.  Blah, I tell you!

Oh well. Isn't that what a new year is supposed to be all about? Fresh starts and renewal and all that jazz? Rebuilding, even? (Wink, wink, nudge, nudge.) So that's my goal (or one of them, at least). To stop feeling blah, which for me, equals establishing a schedule and routines without which I melt into the couch like the Wicked Witch of the West.

Speaking of, you know how water caused her demise? I think it's causing mine, too. I spent much of this weekend researching water allergies. It's a THING

Kevin is convinced I'm a hypochondriac. And so, probably, are you--unless you are like me, in which case I say, I know, right?! You probably totally have this too!