Friday, December 28, 2012

fever.

WWII poster available on Zazzle

Posting has been light this week and I haven't been able to get to some of the topics I still want to address... I'll get there. In the meantime, I've been playing nurse to a future-husband with a 103.6 degree fever and simultaneously googling dangerous effects of high fevers and freaking myself out. I'm pretty sure it's just the flu.

Until later, some additional reading I've been looking at:

A New Focus on the ‘Post’ in Post-Traumatic Stress -- addresses the crucial role of post-trauma environment on recovery. Not mentioned is how this ties into those who don't have one pin-pointed moment of trauma, but rather exposure to long-term traumatic stressors over years and even decades.

Our Failed Approach to Schizophrenia -- an interesting, and perhaps incendiary, op-ed on the rights of patients with severe mental illness.