Monday, February 4, 2013

One Room Challenge - The Chinoiserie Chic Powder Room


I am once again participating in the One Room Challenge which launches on Wednesday. I have chosen my powder room. Twenty interior designers, interior design bloggers, and DIY bloggers will have six weeks to transform a room of their choosing from start to finish.

My room is profoundly ugly. It is actually a second powder room in the house - a tiny little room off the laundry room and garage obviously done by the last owners on the cheap as a little spot to wash up after working in the garden. With three other bathrooms in the house, I have chosen to ignore its existence to date.

This challenge is a great opportunity to give it some much needed attention. I hope to create a Chinoiserie Chic powder room with lots of creativity and Chinoiserie and not a lot of $$$. I hope you will follow this little decorating adventure.

To see my Chinoiserie Chic kitchen from the last One Room Challenge, click here. Below are powder room photos from my files I am using for inspiration. Come back on Wednesday to see before photos of the ugly duckling and my inspiration board.

Post Number 2 - One Room Challenge - Powder Room Inspiration
Post Number 3 - One Room Challenge - Week 1 - Inspiration Board
Post Number 4 - One Room Challenge Week 2 - The Powder Room Gets a Fresh Start
Post Number 5 - One Room Challenge Sneak Peek
Post Number 6 - One Room Challenge - Week 3 - Chinoiserie!
Post Number 7 - One Room Challenge - Week 4 - The Devil is in the Details
Post Number 8 - One Room Challenge - Week 5 - Styling, Scale, and Working With What You Have
Post Number 9 - One Room Challenge - Week 6 - Finishing Touches
Post Number 10 - One Room Challenge - Reveal Sneak Peek
Post Number 11 - One Room Challenge - The Reveal & a Surprise Giveaway

Charlotte Moss

Trouvais

Lynn Anon