Thursday, July 14, 2011

Now that I'm back home....by Maayan Melamed, July blogger of the month

Now that I’m back home…

Let’s go backwards from where I sit now, comfortably on my family’s couch, enjoying the deciduous suburbs. I got off the plane just after 5am, brought my dog Jerry through the agricultural checkpoint, and rolled down with him and two suitcases to meet my mom and boyfriend, both very happy to see me. The plane ride was long, but it was very reminiscent of the group flight, visiting some other classmates who were on the same plane, then wishing everyone a good summer. There were about 8 of us on the train to Tel Aviv, laughing and decompressing from our stressful day. Some of us had moved, I had been cleaning and preparing for a subletter, and we all had finished our last exam of first year in the morning.  
                It’s hard to believe that I have successfully completed my first year of medical school (grade just got in, last bead of sweat wiped off forehead). I’m not quite sure where to begin, so I think the best approach is through a picture collage of my first year in pieces starting this month and moving backwards. Hope you enjoy! - Maayan Melamed