Spring is exciting. It's a time of rebirth. It's nature's way of picking up and starting fresh. The earth sheds it's winter skin as the snow melts, allowing for green grass to grow and flowers to bloom. With the change of season also comes an internal urge to change ourselves. For some, this comes in the form of actually spring cleaning, physically tidying, organizing and freshening our living space and office space. For others, like myself, it's time to internally spring clean.
For the past 11 days, Jill and I have been doing a little spring cleaning, of the juicing, raw variety. The first 7 days was supposed to be juice only followed by 3 days of smoothies and blended salads and another 18 days raw. I started out strong but soon found out that my lifestyle requires more than just juice. Teaching 4 yoga classes and an hooping class requires protein so throughout the juicing portion I supplemented with raw nuts. Call it cheating if you want, but it was what my body required for health. It's all about bioindividuality.
Cleaning in the spring is always great. It allows us to clean the winter junk out and start the new season fresh. If a raw juicing cleanse is too much for you, take it easier and shift your diet and lifestyle even slightly and you see great results.
Terra's Spring Detox Tips
1. Give your body a break from complex, processed foods. Eliminate fried, fatty foods.
2. Eat light! Include lots of green vegetables and simple fruits.
3. Drink lots of water, teas and soups.
4. Get outside and enjoy the sunshine! Exercise with Mother Earth, take a walk on the beach, hike in the woods or just hoop in the sunshine. The fresh air and sunshine will do wonders!
5. Try something fun and new...then get excited about it!
6. Organize and spring clean your bedroom, home office and car. Make sure your living space matches your spiritual, heart and health space!
7. Create a Gratitude Journal.
8. Use fresh spring herbs like parsley, cilantro, basil and mint. Add them to your salads and smoothies not only for flavor but for their healing properties as well! Try a simple smoothie with fresh strawberries, ice, coconut water and basil.
9. Forgive and let go.
10. Don't be afraid to ask for help. Detox and spring clean with a friend, there's power in numbers! If you want help with organization, contact the Organizta. If you need healthy help, contact 3 Healthy Chicks to set up a consult and discuss your goals.
Keep it Fresh!