Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Vermont Mulled Cider

One of my favorite treats during the winter months is warm apple cider. I am so excited to head home for the holiday and curl up on the couch in front of our cast iron stove with a mug of hot mulled cider and a good book. This year I am going to put a new twist on my favorite standard with a very New England ingredient, Vermont maple syrup! This recipe is from “The Official Vermont Maple Cookbook,” published by theVermont Maple Foundation.

Ingredients
  • 2 quarts apple cider
  • 1 cup Pure Vermont Maple Syrup
  • 1 stick cinnamon
  • A few whole cloves
  • Lemon slices, cut in half, for garnish
Preparation:
Combine cider, syrup, cinnamon and cloves and heat thoroughly, but do not boil. Remove cloves and serve hot, garnished with a half lemon slice.
If you want to give this a bit of a kick you can a little whiskey or rum for your adult enjoyment. I might just do that tomorrow night! ;-)

Keep it Fresh!
3HC