Friday, May 3, 2013

Las Vegas Scrapbook


photo 2-1

Biz and I had the opportunity to go to Las Vegas this past weekend and we had such a blast. To say we needed some husband and wife alone time is the understatement of the century! Although we missed the kids dearly, it was amazing to enjoy each other’s company without any knuckleheads running around. Is it wrong that I loved the fact that no one asked for something to drink, tugged on me for food, there wasn’t a baby monitor in sight or that I didn’t have to play referee in who took who’s toy first? I need to get out more!

photo 1-1

We stayed at The Wynn {AMAZING} and although I did not find time to lounge by the pool {working in peace and quiet was also a welcomed treat of the trip} I made sure to snap a quick iPhone shot of it. How pretty are the cabanas?

photo 2-2

photo 3

This is a quick shot of the entrance. Upon seeing this I knew we were in for a treat!

photo 5-2The only four pairs of shoes I brought…was I not feeling well?
{picked up the solid nude flats at Nine West last week for $40!!}

photo 4-1

One of the highlights of the trip for me was seeing this incredible Jeff Koons installation, one of my all-time favorite artists. I have had the privilege of seeing three of his works in person, and given his use of color in this piece, it might be my favorite.

photo 5-1


photo 2-3We were also fortunate enough to receive a behind the scenes tour, and although I got the feeling that photography was prohibited, I asked the head of the floral staff if I could snap a shot of this arrangement. Have you ever seen anything so pretty?

photo 1-2
This was in another area of the hotel on the main floor that was breathtaking. Look at all the floral spheres suspended from the trees. Talk about an amazing idea for a wedding or great party!


photo 3-2 
A beautiful view out the window at breakfast one morning.

photo 4
I think this is the first time this has ever happened outside of Texas, but I ran into the cutest girl who recognized me while we were waiting to get a manicure. Of course I had to document such a fun moment! She was actually Texan as well, so I guess it doesn’t actually count… but it still made for a nice photo op ;)

photo 5
Discovered my new favorite nail polish color by Butter London, Trout Pout. #seriouslyperfect

photo 4-2
And my favorite moment of the trip without question… “Last night we renewed our vows. It will be 5 years in June! What started out as just a fun and crazy idea (by me, of course) with me dragging him into the cab turned out to be so special. I was expecting nothing more than a fake bouquet and silly veil, but by halfway through our vows we were both in tears. Didn’t matter that we were in this neon chapel, just that we were together. It was wonderful to say those words to one another after everything we have been through together — three young children, sick family, marriage ups and downs, and Lord knows what else — but to look into each other’s eyes and reinstate our I Do’s…perfect. To anyone out there that’s going through a rough patch in your marriage, keep fighting. It is SO WORTH IT. Love never fails.” – via Instagram {@sheridanfrench}

photo 3-1

Then it was back to reality with this chicken.

Happy Weekend!


Oh - first - one great link for your lazy Sunday: When Omega-3 Fats Can Be Dangerous
Make sure you're taking the right fish oils...with the right foods...

signature