Thursday, April 11, 2013

Spring Color Inspiration Board and Vignette


Spring is popping out all over in DC with star magnolias, camellias, and cherry blossoms in bloom everywhere. Bring these wonderful colors into your home all year long with a beautiful abstract floral painting by Kerry Steele. I love the idea of a striking piece of art above a bar cart - the "in" piece of furniture now. My inspiration board shows one of Kerry's paintings currently available - "Babylon" with a great pink bar cart from Furbish and a pink Chinese Chippendale chair from the Lilly Pulitzer home collection. Visit Kerry's Etsy shop to see the paintings below and more of her current work. Shown below are some of her abstract florals I love.


Update - Kerry just added this abstract floral below and I love it - it reminds me of cherry blossoms and the colors are gorgeous.

See it here





My daughter Kate sent me this last night from her iPhone and I had to share it. She has topped her blue and white Josef Frank chair with a coral pink Mongolian lambskin pillow. In the background you see her pagoda etagere with her collection of blanc de Chine - all white figurines including Chinese zodiac figures and foo dogs. Kate has wonderful Pinterest boards you can follow here.