Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Beni Ourains and Chinoiserie

Jenna Lyons
As you know, I have been working on a home office makeover. I have been searching for a rug and originally envisioned a flatweave. When Kate and I were out Sunday shopping and popped into Anthropologie, Kate spotted a Beni Ourain rug on clearance. It was the perfect size for my office and a fantastic price.

I have always thought of Beni Ourai Moroccan rugs in more hip, modern, color neutral spaces than are my style. Kate just ordered a Beni Ourain rug for her own living room and so we both have them on our minds right now. I decided to take a chance, knowing I could return it. It turns out, it is perfect. Pictures to come soon.

I started searching online for pictures of other rooms with new traditional, color, and Chinoiserie to show you how well these rugs work in such spaces. I have also created a Pinterest board to give you more inspiration. If you are looking to add a timeless yet modern, geometric yet neutral rug, this may be it.

Chic nursery

Billy Baldwin

Trina Turk

Miles Redd

Jamie Meares

Jamie Meares

Kate Connolly

Jonathan Adler

With mid century modern and a Chinese garden stool

Palmer Weiss