Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Tuesday This and That


A roundup today of some interesting tidbits here at Chinoiserie Chic. Paige at Seekers Bazaar bought this vintage pagoda chair below that I posted about and restored it into this Chinoiserie beauty above. She posts about it here.


Ellen Rhett from Color Calling wrote me asking if I can identify this gorgeous Chinoiserie fabric she has on two chairs. I don't know it - can any of you help? It reminds me so much of Xian by Brunschwig & Fils. Update - thanks so much to those of you who emailed and commented letting me know that the fabric is Clarence House Grand Tableau Chinois.


A new local follower sent me this photo of her ugly metal doors she transformed covering them with a Chinoiserie fabric she designed. So smart.


Landon Shockey, founder and principal designer of The Gilded Stag sent me a very sweet email and did a post about how he has been inspired by Chinoiserie Chic and The Pink Pagoda to add Chinoiserie to his line of handcrafted furniture. Here is a bar cart in development now.


Artist Kerry Steele had a wonderful response to my post about her stunning abstract art. Here are some new pieces she has added. Find her work here.





Nancy Nikko at Charming Elizabeth is always adding new Chinoiserie designs to her exquisite line of specialty papers. Here are some of her latest additions.





I have had a very fun week working on my powder room for the One Room Challenge. You will not believe the progress I have made. Tune in tomorrow to see.