Saturday, February 9, 2013

the most wonderful time of the year!



Well, one of them at least. Tonight marks the start of V-Day B-Day Week: a Valentine's Day extravaganza book-ended by two good friends' birthdays (and their respective parties). The purpose? To justify as many purchases at Paper Source as possible. And to order heart-shaped pizza. (It is not only a thing, it is one of the BEST things.)



Three years ago, I helped my friend Liza with decorations for the original V-Day B-Day 2010 (hers is the aforementioned birthday), and she, as always, made delicious things to eat:


This year she and her husband are throwing another soiree, and Kevin and I just got back from picking up cookies from Dinkel's for the cookie swap portion of the party (I have finally accepted that I am not a baking person). Now I'm working on Liza's card for this year before we head out.

Letterpress card from Orange Beautiful, circle labels from Paper Source.

Earlier today I reused the old pennant banner I'd made to gussy up the mantle and make it love-y. Here's my minimalist (more for lack of possessions than for love of the design movement) Valentine's mantle from way back when:


 And, as you saw in the top photo, here's what I came up with today:


My favorite edition (look at that cover art!) of one of my all-time favorite books. 

My mom used nail polish to repaint accurate hair colors on their heads. Details.

V-Day B-day Week also gives you the opportunity to wear a lot of hot pink. I told you it was wonderful.