Monday, January 14, 2013

back to it.

Hi, kids. Here's to a week of--I'm hoping--getting back on track. On Saturday night our house was filled with lovely people bearing bottles of sparkling adult beverages, and on Sunday night, I was still in my pajamas, head filled with ache. Getting older is rough.

I've felt pretty out of it, both physically and mentally, for the last week or so, which has historically been the catalyst for a good ol' downward spiral. Do you do this? I start to feel off, and it leads to trouble elsewhere. Like I felt stiff and achey at the start of last week, making me feel frustrated and down. So in turn, I had very little motivation to get myself to move or stretch, which made me feel worse, and then I end up throwing up my hands and eating takeout instead of making the effort to cook good food and... blah. That's the result. A pervasive blah-ness.

My goal for this week is a) to get back on track with my January mini-goals-- most notably, following a calming bedtime routine, and b) to unload the ick from a week of eating too much and feeling gross. Partly inspired by the banana-pomegranate-flaxseed-vodka smoothies that were cooked up at our party (our friends are of a unique and talented breed), and partly by my at-this-moment viewing of Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead, Kev and I have decided to pick up a juicer today.

I love green smoothies (I use spinach, little bit of kale, banana, berries, almond milk, ice, and flax meal), but I never ever make them because I'm a little bit lazy and mostly I hate taking apart the blender to clean it. I know juicers require the same type of cleaning, but I don't have one, so it will be novel to me. At first.

We'll see?


 P.S. Any of you who watch the worst and best show known to man--The Bachelor--please come out of the woodwork and discuss tonight. It is my guiltiest of guilty pleasures.