Saturday, December 1, 2012

oh boy.

I'm feeling drained by twenty-four hours of ups and downs that I didn't manage very skillfully. But tomorrow is another day, yes? 

Two things I'm liking at the moment:

this

geometric gold rock table lamp
Seventy bucks from Land of Nod

+ this

Don't let yesterday use up too much of today.
Print from Moonflowers on Etsy.

(Just in case I forget tomorrow.)

P.S. Additional reading: One day last year, I called my brother Scott in a state of agitation, self-hatred and incipient despair. Scott was at work and short on time. I got straight to the point. “I’m in a state of agitation, self-hatred and incipient despair!” I cried. 

“Tell me more,” Scott said. “What is it?”

“I’m anxious — again! I’m anxious day and night. I wake up anxious and I go to bed anxious. I’m a total wreck. And I’m not doing anything to help myself! I know what helps and I’m not doing it! What’s wrong with me? Why am I not doing the things I know full well will make me feel better?

“Oh,” Scott said. “That’s an easy one. It’s because you’re an idiot.” Then he said he’d call me after work.

A familiar scenario, from The Anxious Idiot by Daniel Smith