Wednesday, September 26, 2012

NYC Scrapbook :: Coterie 2012!


I returned back to Texas on Sunday from a week-long trip to NYC. It was business, not pleasure {but isn't it nice when the two coincide?} as Fashion Coterie for Spring 2013 was taking place, and it was the most incredible experience! We had an AMAZING show. To have been selected to show my line alongside big labels like Milly, Trina Turk, Theory, Nanette Lepore, L.A.M.B., Rebecca Minkoff, House of Harlowe 1969, Catherine Malandrino and so many more was truly a dream come true. It was wonderful to meet all of the sweet buyers as well. Here is a recap of the week! 

Our very first stop upon our arrival was the Waverly Inn, my favorite place to dine in NYC. Their chicken pot pie is life changing! Bradley Cooper was there and wouldn't stop staring at us {annoying} but he left, I'm assuming to meet Zoe for drinks. Nice hair though.


A new discovery in the food realm that is apparently well known all around Manhattan but was new to me is a place called Eataly. One of the best roof-top views I have had the privilege of experiencing!  The next day we stopped by FAO Schwartz for a bit in the morning and thankfully THANKFULLY talked Shiloh out of buying yet another Montenegro-style band jacket. Maddox was totally on board with our decision. Major close call on that one. 


Set up day was nothing short of bonkers, and I don't think I have ever been so exhausted in my life. The alarm went off at 5am and we peeled ourselves out of bed into pouring rain and were at the convention center before 7. 

We worked worked worked like cray-cray until about 2 in the afternoon with no break for food, so we took a midday breather and headed to a nearby diner for some sustenance.


And by sustenance I mean margaritas, of course.

The rest of the day flew by after that break...strange.


LOVED the end result. So colorful and all around PERFECT!


We went for blow outs late that evening at a place called Drybar, which is a genius concept and I'm told we now have one in Fort Worth. So great! Suri was there in the chair next to me and she was super cute. I asked her to join us for dinner at the Shake Shack but apparently she had some big play date the next morning and politely declined. Heartsies.

We got there early the next morning to take photos of several booths before it got really packed...



Everything had to be taken down completely on Friday night {a monstrous task in and of itself}, but that meant we had all of Saturday to goof off and explore NYC. We were beyond exhausted but came up with our own combo of go-go juice to get us through the day. I tried my first cupcake from Crumbs, ate a pizza slice as big as a baby, found the cutest Pomeranian on the planet, had my first Joe Fresh experience {officially addicted} and feel confident in saying that I now know of the best eggs benedict in all of NYC via Eli Zabar!



Until next year, NYC!