It is known to:
- aid digestion
- relieve spasms and menstrual cramps
- regulate blood sugar by stimulating the pancreas
- increase circulation (so its great for cold hands and feet!)
- reduce inflammation
How to incorporate ginger into diet:
- The ginger root can be freshly grated and used in cooking.
- Grated ginger root mixed with diluted lime juice can help to soothe the digestive tract and treat stomach pain.
- Steep fresh ginger tea.
FRESH GINGER TEA:
4 cups of water
2-inch piece of fresh ginger root
dash of cardamom
Peel the ginger root and slice it into thin slices. Bring the water to a boil in a saucepan. Once it is boiling, add the ginger. Cover it and reduce to a simmer for 15-20 minutes. Strain the tea. Add honey if you prefer a sweeter taste.
Keep it fresh!